Wednesday, August 24

Go Bananas . . . It's Your Day

Slow but sure, I am getting my mojo back!!!  It felt so good to get back to my craft room and to start creating.  My son, who is 4, was more than glad to help me peel off my Cricut cuts from the mat and glue them all together.  Thanks Buddy!  He really liked the monkey and the bananas.  I knew this would be a hit.  It is always a delight to come up with a masculine card that is enjoyable in the eyes of my son.  I don't have much trouble with "girlie" creations because....well, I'm a girl!!!  But when it comes to boiling up some creative juices for boy stuff, I get a bit lost.

I went to some challenge blogs to see what I have been missing out on and decided I would create using the inspiration from the challenges....sorta my thing, I guess.  I know I say this a lot, but ever since I found blogging and this wonderful community of artists, the inspiration is never ending!  I also want to give Linda of Linda's Creativity a giant THANK YOU SHOUT OUT for offering the Preserves Cartridge as a prize back in June.....Hey, Linda....I finally got to use it....LOL!

So, without further ado, here are the challenges that inspired me:
Fantabulous Cricut ~ #74 Birthday Bash
Paper Playtime ~ #53 Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion ~ #72 Snarky, sarcastic and/or funny sentiment
Scrapbookaholic by Abby ~ #12 Anything Goes
This will be Abby's last challenge....won't you consider joining her in wishing her well!!!
Celebrate the Occasion ~ #27  Circle Card
Cricut Cardz Challenges ~ #89 It's a Jungle Out There
Your Next Stamp ~ #49 Fruit Inspiration


RECIPE:
Cartridge
Preserves for circles+layer and for banana+layers
Cardstock  
Brown circle (blueberry lid shift feature cut at 6 1/4")
Brown scallop circle (blueberry lid feature cut at 6 1/4")
Lime Green circle (blueberry lid shift feature cut at 6 1/4")
Yellow~textured banana(banana shift feature cut at 4 3/4")
Lime Green banana shadow (banana feature cut at 4 3/4")
Brown stem (banana layer feature cut at 4 3/4")
Embossing folders by Darice
used on scallop layer, green circle, and on banana stem
Embellishments and Stamps
Stickers and Felt Monkey by Darice
Go Bananas (stamped using $1 alphabet block stamps)
It's your day (stamped using My Pink Stamper ~ Birthday Crazy)
Fibers and Brads from stash
Gel Roll Pen

My gel pen decided to spit up on the inside of the card when I was making my stitch marks, but other than that, I am pleased with the results!

Thanks for joining me today!!!!



27 comments:

  1. Super Super Cute card!!! Thanks for playing along with us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica I was delighted to see a card from you on my dashboard and such a super sweet one too. Since you have a 4 year old son you will be having a ready critique for all the boy type cards! My kiddo is thoroughly girlie!!
    I just discovered I hadnt given a link to your blog in my post- sorry! rectified it. We had fun stamping loads of paper but only in this card did I get the courage to use those lovely stamps you ave me! Still learning though.
    Love
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card--love the little felt monkey :) Your little buddy did a great job helping! Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, Jessica! How cute is that monkey face and I love the quote! The embossing folder is so awesome! What a fun, fabulous card! :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable, love all the detail and that embossing folder is perfect, it looks so colorful! Thanks for joining CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry back again, thanks for joining CCC too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGOODNESS! This is sooooo CUTE! You and your little helper did a fabulous job! :O) Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Cricut Cardz! :o)

    Theresa (CCC DT)
    www.miislucky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job, I love that little monkey face. Thanks for joining in on the jungle fun at CCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! I love the monkey and the embossing is awesome! Thanks for playing at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad that you got your mojo back and are in the mood for crafting again! I think it is so much fun when our little ones play along too! Such a cute card....I love all the detail! Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the embossing, Great Card. I love monkey's. Thank you for joining us this week for "SAY What" At Craft Your Passion Challenges. I hope you have a wonderful week and good luck:)

    Melissa

    expressionswithearthspirit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the cutest little monkey card. I love the stitching around his face and the cute little heart nose. Thanks for joining us this week at CTO!
    Hugs, Jenni DT
    http:mylollipopgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card! Thanks for playing with us at CTO!
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. really cute.love the colors and the bannanas.tfs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job ... super cute.. love it..

    TFS.. and playing with us at CTO..

    Ivette_DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really sweet! I like the monkey! Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime for our anything goes challenge. :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Youre not the only one with a missing mojo, but by the looks of the card yours has come back. Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenge blog,
    Hazel xx
    GDT August

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable! Love that little monkey face! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week :)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute card!
    The little monkey is so adorable with his felt face!
    Thanks for joining us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how you have it open, your image and details are super cute! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute - that monkey is adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at Your Next Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This card is perfect for the CCC challenge. Thanks for joining us this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG!! I love it!! So cute. Thanks for playing with us at CTO!

    Trell - DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a cute shaped card! Love the embossing! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB and Paper Playtime!
    Glenda
    http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your card is absolutely adorbale. Love your little monkey. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

    Happy Craftin'!
    Jewels

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the circle shape and the monkey is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors