Monday, September 26

! ! ! My first Kenny K card ! ! !

Well, I stepped away from the Halloween and Fall projects for a bit today.  I was sorta in the mood to get geared up to finish some of my Christmas/Holiday creations.

Today, I broke down and bought a Kenny K image and I am SO SO SO glad that I did.  I was a bit hesitant at first because any time I have seen a creation using his images, I felt a bit intimidated by the level of talent out there.  Another reason for my hesitation, was that I only own Whisper Strokes Dual Tip Watercolor Markers, no Copics for me yet.  The image I chose was "Mistletoe" and you can purchase her HERE.  It took a while for me to color the image, because I wanted it to be as perfect as it could be. I also used some Studio G glitter (clear/white and green) to add some pizazz to her outfit and the leaves in her hand.  I am quite pleased with how it turned out, but know that practice makes perfect.

For my base (behind my image) I used wausau Paper card stock Mocha Mix-Umber.  I cut the Snowflake Frame background from Lacy Labels at 5 1/4", then the outer frame from a patterned paper by DCWV (blues and brown), and the snowflake details layer from a two tone blue polka dot patterned paper.  I dressed up the snowflakes with some more glitter and a few pearls (blue and white).  My card measures 6" x 6" and the base of the card is MME-Bohemia Collection in Barefoot "Sun Kissed" Stitch/Brown.  I used pop dots to give dimension behind "Mistletoe", my ribbon (from stash), and a few of my embellishments.  The brown flowers and leaves are from my stash.  The small paper roses are from I Am Roses.  I won these a while back at Bearly Mine Crafts for guessing closest to the actual number of flowers that were in apicture.....I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM.  They are truly beautiful and pictures do them no justice once you've seen them in person.  I have used them on several of my projects recently and they are the perfect added touch at times.   I handmade the rosette and the rolled paper rose.  I added a button to the center of the rosette and a brown brad to the center of the rolled rose.  The beaded pin is also handmade using a corsage pin and blue beads from my stash.  The white Poinsettia behind all of the flourishes, was dressed up by marking the veins of the leaves with my blue WS marker and placing a dark blue button in the center.  The small clear snowflakes with the blue pearls inside, came from my stash (I have had these for many, many years).  I added a small blue satin bow above and then got to work on the inside of my card.

I found the cut-out (white) in my stash, so I don't recall which cut it is, but it is definitely from the Lace Labels cartridge.  I used my TPC Studio Christmas Exp. stamps for my "TiS THE Season", presents, and "Be Jolly" portions in Navy Blue Studio G ink.  The word "TO" is from my stash of alphabet stickers.  I added some snowflake stickers around the frame and some pearls to accent.  I inked the edges with brown ink by Darice.

The challenges I wish to enter with this card are as follows:

  1. Di's Digi Designs - Make your own flowers
  2. Sentimental Sundays - #74 Step out of your comfort zone
  3. Simon Says - Use Dies or Punches
  4. Whoopsi Daisy - Make your own embellies
  5. Emerald Faerie Garden - #9 Pearls
  6. My Craft Spot - #26 Use Ribbon on Your Project
  7. Bows and Berries - #10 Glitter
  8. Dutch Dare - #131 Sketch

My color inspiration came from the following blogs:
(However, I not submitting this for an entry in either challenge)

Touch Twin Challenges - Color Challenge TTC02

and

CAS-ual Fridays CFC21

Here are a few pictures of close ups to show the dimension a bit better than before....




15 comments:

  1. Awesome card! Your coloring is beautiful!
    Thanks for joining the fun at Sentimental Sundays this week!
    Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks super! Great details!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card, love the colors and all your embellishments, exhiting card :) Thanx for playing with us at Whoopsi Daisy this week :)
    Hugs Lill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable. Love Kenny K =D

    You are a winner from the Wild and Fabulous Blog Hop! Please send me your info so I can get you your set of Peachy Keen Every Day Character Face Parts =O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what lovely creations
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! The blue tones are so pretty!
    Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Christmas card! Thank you for joining our “Step Out Of Your Comfort Zone” challenge at Sentimental Sundays.

    ~Cheryl~

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! Thanks for joining us at Dutch Dare Card Challenge.

    Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on your first Kenny K! Your details and embellies are AMAZING! Thanks for joining us this week at WHOOPSI DAISY ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card, love all the great extras. Thanks for joining the challenge at My Craft Spot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card!! I love all of the pretty flowers ! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card!! I love all of the pretty flowers ! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at My Craft Spot!

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colours! Thanks so much for playing with us at Bows and Berries!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card and fabulous flower!

    Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy and Di's Digi Designs this time! Hope to see you soon again!

    Hugs, Sande xx

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors