Monday, December 19

My Snowman Tag for ***Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas**

Oh my, Tim Holtz is one amazing crafter.  But I didn't need to even say that out loud....LOL!  The time he must spend creating the masterpieces that bestow our eyes!!!!  I started early in the day, but am just now finishing up with my first tag to join the fun at Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas.  I chose to start with Day 4 because I had been wanting to make some tags with snowmen on them.  I had most of the supplies already out, and when I saw this tutorial, I got really excited. 

To save you some time and for sake of not boring you horribly, I will show the picture, then all the challenges I am entering, then at the very end, I will post the techniques and supplies I used.



Challenges
  1. Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas - Tag 4
  2. Simon Says Stamp and Show - Make a Tim Holtz themed tag
  3. My Craft Spot - #38 Tag You're It
  4. Die Cutting Divas - #44 Tags, Tags, and More Tags
  5. Anything Goes - Anything but a Card (tags OK)
  6. Cooking With Cricut - #64 Cards, Tags, and Gifts
  7. ABC Christmas - Y is for Yippee (Christmas is almost here)
  8. Quick Quotes - Tags
  9. Little Scrap Pieces - Winter Holiday
  10. Unity Stamp Co. - Gift Wrapping
Link Up Parties (may or may/not be for a prize)
  1. CRE8IVECINDY - FFF challenge (use one of her tutorials and link up)
  2. Whimsical Designs - Link Up a Tim Holtz or any other kind of Tag
  3. Ippity Linky Mondays - Dec. 19th Linky Party

Techniques and Tools:
Tag Base - old tp roll covered with blue dp on front and white cs on back.  I made my own Glimmery Mist using a Ranger mini mister, 3/4 water, 2 small drops perfect pearls, and blue re-inker.  I misted my tag with my "concoction" and let it dry.  While it was drying, I went ahead and distressed my snowman,  cut from the Gingerbread cart (white and top layer black) at 3 1/4".  I used a navy blue and light aqua with hints of white.  I also misted my snowman.  I stamped a swirly image onto the tag using  an Ippity Stamp set titled - Now and Always and white ink.  The swirl pattern was larger than the tag, but I wanted to mimic the technique Tim showed on his blog, so I allowed it to hang over the edge and pressed down.  I decided to stamp a second time just moving to the left a little this time.  I cut snowflakes out using Graphically Speaking,  2 small and 2 large.  I inked up the 2 small snowflakes with the same navy blue and hints of aqua.  I misted the 2 larger ones with the same blue mist concoction then once they were dry, I used foam squares to piece them together.  Since my snowman was dry, I moved onto piecing him together and inking the edges with a mixture of the same three inks.  I added Ranger Crackle Paint, allowed it to dry for a short while, then used my heat tool to speed up the process.  Once it was dry, I was able to add a bit of white tulle (scraps) and Antique White crinkle ribbon from 3GirlJam.  I threaded a bit more of the same tulle through a few buttons I chose out of my button drawer.  Then I cut a '2' and '5' from my Jasmine cartridge at 1 1/2" and embossed them using my musical notes folder.  I distressed them using my Tim Holtz - Vintage Photo distress ink.  After the first coat of Crackle Paint dried, I applied a 2nd coat...I guess practice makes perfect...LOL!    Then I repeated a few steps before piecing the entire project together.  I finished off by adding some glossy accents to the numbers, adding a charm to the tie, pearls and fibers to the snowman's hat, and crackle paint to the snowflake.

I am pleased with how well it turned out and am thankful to have had a chance to play with some of my new goodies. 

I hope you have enjoyed your visit and am always happy to read your lovely comments!!!

19 comments:

  1. Hey there girly. This is beyond fabulous!!! I can't believe that snowman came from your gingerbread cart. It totally looks like Timmy's die. You sure put a ton of work and detail into this. Glad to see you uploaded it at WD:) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You r tag is so neat I love seeing these Tim Holtz styles. great job!
    DIANA L.
    http://www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica thanks so much for joining my challenge wow this looks like Tim made this himself! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tag! Thanks for joining us at SDC # 44.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty! thanks for sharing your creation at SDC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Your tag was selected at Die Cuttin' Diva. Send me an e-mail and I will forward you some digis.

    Happy Holidays,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jessica - Your snowman tag is great! I love how you made the tag using your own stash - making substitutions where you could - I did a lot of that, too with this year's 12 Tags of Christmas. Thanks for joining in with Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tag is stunning. Love the blue tints and that snowman! Thanks for playing along at Quick Quotes!

    ~Julie QQ DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo. I think it's great. Love the technics.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessica, this is beautiful!! I love the pretty details. They are all amazing! I love Tim Holtz tags and you have done him proud:) Love it-Anyone would love to receive this on their package! Gorgeous!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tag! Love the fun details! I hope to do the Tim Holtz Tags next year! Happy Holidays to you! I am so happy we are blogging friends!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous tag Jessica :-) lovely details and sparkle :-)

    thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing at CWC.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those numbers are FABULOUS! I am still obsessed with Glossy Accents and it really makes them pop! I like the charm you added with the ribbon too : )

    Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
    -Sarah

    For More Opportunities:
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
    *Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
    *Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous job on your tag.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous tag Jessica. Thank you for mentioning my challenge on your blog. Hugs:)
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an absolutely lovely tag! Thank you so much for joining us at Quick Quotes for our challenge!!!

    ~Rhonda
    QQ DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. You need to email me your address because you are the winner of my challenge. Thank you so much for your amazing support. Hugs
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job, love snowmen! <3

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors