Tuesday, December 13

Vintage Santa from a Photomontage

Well, it is now the 13th of December and all is well here.  I hope that all of my lovely followers can say the same.  Christmas is just around the corner and the kiddos are getting super excited.  They even attempted to decorate the tree with their stuffed animals, blankets, and pillows this morning.  What a sight.  I am enjoying their excitement as they watch the abundance of Holiday specials that are crowding the channels as of late.  I am a blessed mother to have such a wonderful family!  I am also so blessed to have found time to craft again today.  I finished a card that was in my mind for a few days now, just not put together yet.  I was directly inspired by the current Simon Says - Christmas Photomontage Inspiration challenge. 
 Isn't this inspiration delightful???

I really loved the vintage Santa, the musical notes, and the poinsettia.  These elements inspired me to create this card:
I started with a blue card stock by Recollections and embossed it with an argyle embossing folder.  Then I stamped the musical notes using my Music of My Heart stamps by Unity Stamp Co.  My image in the center is a rub on that I transferred to white card stock, fussy cut, then inked the edges with an antique brown.  I placed a small rectangle (also inked the edges) behind this image.  I got my hot glue gun out and added the poinsettia, stars, and green pine garland (that I hand twirled and fed behind the raised Santa image rub on).  I added a few pearls, some glitter glue, and the chipboard bird to finish it off.  I hope you like it.


I would also like to enter the following challenges with this card:
Celebrate the Occasion - #43 Christmas (NO RED)
Dutch Dare Card Challenges - #142 Winged Things
I Did It Creations - #85 Santa's Getting Ready
Linky Party - Unity Opportunity Blog - Dec. 12th Ippity Link Up
Unity Opportunity Challenge - Dec 4th Free For All


Happy Holidays
Hugz

:O)
Jessica

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! The embossed background looks fabulous and I love all the extra embellishments! Thanks for playing at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great creation! I love the image and how you used our theme at Dutch Dare Card Challenge.
    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. If i like it???? I love it!!!! I love what you did with backing paper, looks amazing. And that cute little Bird is awesome. little different (Wink), but awesome. hehe. You are so funny, you made me giggle, when i read your comment. Oh, oh, Santa is watching you girl.
    And my Header has that die cut with my SP image.
    Thanks for entering my candy.
    Hugs Nat.
    Good luck!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, thanks for joining CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what a lovely creation hunni,
    thanks for joining us at dutch dare card challenges and good luck with the draw,
    hugs sandra dt

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. gorgeous. you did such creative stuff on this one.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS Jess!!!! I love it!!!

    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely card. Thanks for joining us at IDIC

    Laurence

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just stunning Jessica! The colors are fabulous along with the design! I love the music notes, that adorable little bird and awesome vintage image. Very nice!! Love it:)
    Sherrie K
    http//sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Love all the elements!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is AMAZING!!! Love all your little details and especially the background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love what you did with the music stamp and embossing!

    Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pine branches look really cute on that old fashioned card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like all of the elements that you added.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that's really lovely! Gorgeous creation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just drop dead gorgeous!! Thanks for joining CTO.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card with such a perfect vintage feel!!!
    Thanks for joining us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, I just love all your textures and elements! Sorry for my lateness in commenting and we so appreciate you joining us @ CTO for the Christmas challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So very lovely! Thanks for joining us in the IPPITY challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors