Saturday, December 31

Winter Blues and a Visit from Cupid

Well, this morning started super early.  Not sure if I will make it to the Ball Drop, but I sure will try my hardest.  Two cups of java down and one card finished at 6:30 a.m.  I guess my crafty self wanted to get an early start today.  That means my sleepy self didn't win today.  I have been struggling with bouts of fatigue and hope this is a sign that my depression is slipping away.  Depression?  Yeah, just a case of the Winter Blues, I suppose.   So, I started looking over my lists of challenges to get inspired.  I decided to work on the challenge at Stamptacular Sunday - Winter Photo Inspiration.  I really loved both pictures, but decided, since I am struggling with the Winter Blues, I would work with this one:

This is the true essence of what I love about Winter.  Untouched Beauty!  Not the slushy, soupy mess that is the epitome of an Ugly Winter.  Rather the soft snow that gently touches the tree tops and covers the ground in which footsteps can't reach.

I started with Recollections CS - Spice Market (brown).  I used some diecut scallop edge squares from my die cut collection box in blues and creams.  I stamped the snowflake/swirl from the Aug. 2009 Unity KOM - following my heart in blue Studio G chalk ink.  Then I stamped the heart from the incentive set that came with the Dec 2011 Unity KOM - WE Treasure YOU in brown Studio G ink.  I used white Studio G ink for the sentiment from the December KOM - {...filled with love}.
The small vine at the bottom is from the Unity Grab Bag I purchased this month, also inked with white Studio G ink.  I added some bakers twine from the Twinery and a button from my stash, and the card was complete.  I think it may be a trend for me this week to be working on a lot of LOVE themed cards.  Guess Cupid is visiting my craft room early. LOL!

I also will enter this card into the
Tie A Bow Challenge at The Paper Shelter
Creative Inspirations - #143 AG

Off to craft some more, and hope you have  a safe and fun New Year's Eve!!!
Keep Crafting
 :O)
Jessica

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pic, I truly miss seeing scenes of winter like this. I like the card. The light colors on that brown softened it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute, thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday this week, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your card is so beautiful, Jessica!! I absolutely love your design!! It is so elegant and gorgeous!! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and that you have a safe, happy and crafty new year my sweet friend!!

    Happy New Year hugs, Lisa :)
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Love it...great choices for papers.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card...such cute images...thanks for joining us at TPS.......

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors